Most people think of house inspections as taking place after a buyer’s offer has been accepted. But there are a number of reasons that sellers should have an inspection done before listing their home.
Would you like to market your house as truly “move-in ready”? Consider the benefits of a seller’s home inspection:
• You, the seller, can accompany and assist the inspector. This is not always an option with a “buyer” inspection.
• You will gain first-hand knowledge of any issues discovered prior to a buyer inspection.
• You will have plenty of time to resolve any issues that need attention – and you can do so according to your own schedule.
• The report can be used as a marketing tool during an Open House and/or on-line, or even offered to the prospective buyer.
• An inspection report will help eliminate any last-minute negotiations regarding the sale of the home, and help ensure that a deal does not fall apart.
• A seller’s move-in-ready inspection may save a buyer’s having to do an inspection.